1. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 18 years and over, except employees of Lands’ End UK Limited, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with this competition.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
3. To enter the competition, you should, in no more than 50 words, tell us how much you’ve loved a Lands’ End coat you’ve owned. Or, tell us why you’d love to own a Lands’ End coat.
4. Entry to this competition is by online entry only at www.landsend.co.uk/downcoats and is restricted to one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5. When submitting your competition entry, you must provide your name, email and/or daytime contact telephone number.
6. All competition entries must be received by midnight on 7th December 2012.
7. The winner will be notified by telephone within 10 working days of the competition close. If the winner is not contactable within seven days, Lands’ End reserve the right to reallocate the prize awarded to the next randomly drawn valid entry or to forfeit the prize.
8. The winner will receive a choice of two (2) down coats from the current Lands’ End range.
9. You must own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
10. Your entry must not have previously been published in print or electronically and/or is not currently being submitted for publication.
11. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Lands’ End:
a.) permission for your entry to be published in the Lands’ End catalogue and on the Lands’ End website and grant Lands’ End a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition;
b.) The right to use your name, town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry.
12. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
13. The winner’s name will be shown on the Lands’ End website www.landsend.co.uk