Against Breast Cancer is committed to
raising awareness, funding support and
driving research to help in the fight
against breast cancer.
help us raise money in the fight against breast cancer
We are aiming to raise £10,000 for Against Breast Cancer this October through local initiatives and sales of selected products.
From 28th Sept to 31st Oct, Lands’ End will donate 10% of the purchase price of plain men’s and women’s polo shirts and tote bags to ‘Against Breast Cancer’.
Lands’ End will also donate £2.00 for every ‘Pink Thread’ embroidery added to a garment (cost £3.50).
Visit www.landsend.co.uk/pinkthread for more information and how to order.
what we’re doing locally:
‘Pink Thread’ Bunting Competition
Lands’ End will create a dedicated length of charity bunting to celebrate ‘Breast Cancer Awareness Month’.
Local schools and colleges in the area have already given their support.
The challenge is to decorate an MDF pennant (size 10cm W x 14cm L) with anything you like, to tie into the pink theme. Glue, paint, sticker, stamp - craft away! We‘ll be awarding prizes for the best decorated pennants in the following categories:
|- 6 years and under||- 7 to 11 years|
|- 12 to 16 years||- 16+ years|
£1.00 pennants can be purchased from the Lands’ End Retail Outlet Store from 1st Oct until 26th Oct, 2015 and finished pennants must be returned to the store by Monday 26th October.
The completed bunting will be displayed at All Saints Church, Church Street, Oakham from Friday 30th - Saturday 31st October.
The competition closes on Monday 26th October and winners names will be posted on landsend.co.uk/charity within 7 working days of this date. For details of the prizes and full terms and conditions please click here.
‘Pink Thread’ Raffle
Not creative? Don’t worry, you can still show your support by purchasing a £1.00 raffle ticket to win an amazing local prize.
Raffle tickets are on sale at the Lands’ End Retail Outlet Store, Lands’ End Way, Oakham from Thursday 1st October to Monday 26th October.
Further tickets will be sold throughout October at various locations around Oakham.
The draw will take place on the 2nd November and a full list of raffle winners will be announced after this date at www.landsend.co.uk/charity.
Prizes include a £250 Lands’ End gift voucher, 5 x £50 Lands’ End gift vouchers, £100 Rutland Garden Centre Voucher, vouchers from Tonnerre and Ellique, £50 voucher from Dean Street photography, £25 voucher from Impact, prizes from Sally Holmes Florist, Pollen, Fords, Walkers Book Shop plus many more.
To find out more about ABC, please visit www.againstbreastcancer.org.uk.
Registered charity No. 1121258
Terms and conditions
1. The bunting decorating competition is open to residents of the UK only; there is no age limit.
2. To enter the competition you need to purchase and decorate a triangle of mdf for a donation of £1, which goes directly to the charity ‘Against Breast Cancer’.
3. You can enter the competition by handing your triangle (pennant) back into the outlet shop at Lands’ End, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6AL or if you are part of an organisation e.g: school or brownies then please hand your triangle (pennant) into your secretary or leader who will in due course give them back to Lands’ End. All pennants need to be in by Monday October 26th 2015.
4. When submitting your entry you must provide your name and a contact number, which should be written on one side of the pennant. If under 18 it should be the contact number of your parent or guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the competition and will not use it for any other purpose whatsoever. We will not keep this information for any longer than is necessary for the operation of the competition.
5. You may submit more than one entry as long as £1 is paid for each pennant entered.
6. Winning entries will be picked in four categories
6 years and under
7 to 11 years
12 to 16 years
7. The winning entries for each category will be chosen by Creative Director, Jon Lockett on the basis of the most interesting, creative and original designs. The decision will be made on or before the 29th October. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winners’ names will be published at landsend.co.uk/charity from October 30th or (if LE needs to delay publication for any reason) at a later date.
9. You own the copyright to your competition entry as the designer.
10. By submitting an entry to the competition, you give Lands’ End permission for your entry to be published in the Lands’ End catalogue and on the Lands’ End website and grant Lands’ End a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the competition; and the right to use your name, town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry.
11. Submitting an entry to the competition means that you accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the Rules of the Competition based on the Terms and Conditions.
12. The winners of the two categories 6 years and under and 7 to 11 will win a Lands’ End backpack full of children’s goodies as well as a Lands’ End Voucher to the value of £30. Winners of the two categories 12 to 16 and 16 + will win a £50 Love to Shop Voucher and a monogrammed tote bag.
13. Your entry will not be returned to you.
14. Lands’ End UK Limited is responsible for the funding, promotion, publication, judging and adjudication of the competition.
15. The winners’ names will be available upon the promoter’s receipt of a stamped addressed envelope. Promoter: Pink Thread Project, Lands’ End UK Limited, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6US