Home-Start ‘My Teddy Bear’ Competition
Terms and conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 18 years and over, except employees of Lands’ End UK Limited and Imogen Stone, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with this competition.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the competition.
3. To enter the competition, you should send in a picture of your teddy bear and describe his or her dress style in no more than 50 words.
4. Text donations (see below) ARE NOT a condition of entry to this competition.
5. Entry to this competition is by postal entry (please remember to include a photograph of your bear as well) to ‘My Teddy Bear Competition’ Lands’ End UK Limited, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6US or via online entry at www.landsend.co.uk/teddy and is restricted to one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
6. You are responsible for the cost of sending your competition entry to us.
7. When submitting your competition entry, you must provide your name, address, email and/or daytime contact telephone number.
8. All competition entries must be received by midnight on 12th February 2013.
9. The winner will be notified by telephone within 14 days of the competition close.
10. The prize is as described in the Lands’ End catalogue and on the Lands’ End website. There are no cash alternatives.
11. The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
12. You must own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
13. Your entry must not have previously been published in print or electronically and/or is not currently being submitted for publication.
14. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Lands’ End permission for your entry to be published in the Lands’ End catalogue and on the Lands’ End website and grant Lands’ End a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry.
15. The prize is one (1) of ten (10) Lands’ End Steiff bears (product code: 417392).
16. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
17. Your entry will not be returned to You.
18. The winner’s name will be available upon the promoter’s receipt of a stamped addressed envelope. Promoter: Lands’ End UK Limited, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6US
19. No purchase is necessary.
20. Lands’ End UK Limited is responsible for the funding, promotion, publication, judging and adjudication of the competition.
21. Personal details supplied in association with the competition will not be passed on to any third parties.
22. The Competition will be governed by English law.
Donations made by texting 70070 are relative to the amount in the text you send. For example if you text “BEAR 13 £2” you will be donating £2.00 to Home-Start. 100% of any money you donate will be given to Home-Start.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to Text donations to Home-Start only, are not administered by Lands’ End and are included here for information only:
There are no administrative fees for text donations via Just Text Giving. 100% of all text donations and any applicable Gift Aid will go to the charity [Home-Start]. After you’ve sent the text, you’ll receive a confirmation text back containing details on how to add Gift Aid, meaning Home-Start could benefit from an extra 25%. Your donation will be deducted from your mobile phone credit, or added to your monthly phone bill. The text messages themselves are completely free on all networks and the service is free for Home-Start. Anyone on any mobile network can use it to donate. No personal details will be shared with the charity.
If you do not have sufficient credit in your mobile account your donation may be unsuccessful. You must be aged 16 years or over and resident in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man to use the donation service. If you are under the age of 18, you must have prior parental or legal guardian permission before using the donation service. Please ask permission from the bill payer before using the text donation service.
Text donations ARE NOT a condition of entry to this competition
Home-Start UK, registered charity no. 1108837 (England & Wales), SC039172 (Scotland)