Find an answer fast
Search the Lands' End Help Centre.
PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
This Privacy & Security Policy applies to information that each of Lands’ End Europe Limited, Lands' End International Inc., and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliate entities worldwide (“Lands' End”, "we," "us" or “our”). Collects about you in one of our stores, offline in the UK, on or through landsend.co.uk (the “website”).
This Policy explains in detail when and why we collect personal data about you when you interact with us and how we use it. It also explains the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We know that there’s a lot of information here but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Lands’ End uses your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Policy from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
Lands’ End is committed to your privacy and the protection of your information. Our website uses the latest technologies to provide a safe, secure website for electronic commerce transactions whilst our Privacy & Security Policy forms part of the Terms and Conditions under which you agree to transact with us upon.
Who is Lands’ End?
Lands’ End, Inc., is a leading U.S. multi-channel retailer of clothing, accessories, footwear and home products that operates a number of subsidiary Group undertakings globally. From a European perspective these subsidiary companies are:
- Lands’ End Europe Limited
- Lands’ End GmbH
What are the legal bases we rely upon when collecting your personal data?
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we collect and process your data with your consent.
An example of consent is when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
An example of a contractual obligation is when you order an item from us for home delivery, we collect your address details in order to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
In certain circumstances, the law requires us to collect and process your data.
An example of legal compliance is when we pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Partnership to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
We will also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
How do we manage Data?
Lands’ End is the data controller of the personal data that we hold and as such we process personal data only in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Protection Regulation (EU) (2016/679) (the "GDPR") and any Act deriving from the Data Protection Bill 2017, now before Parliament and any successor legislation to any of the above (together, the "Data Protection Laws").
Subject to your consent, Lands’ End may share your personal data with third parties for direct marketing purposes, as further described in the "Who do we share your information with" and "Your choices and privacy rights" sections below. If you wish to opt out of such sharing, please contact Customer Services, Lands’ End Europe Limited, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6US or email us from our Contact Us page at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs, and include your name, email address and postal address in your request.
What type of personal data is collected from you?
The personal data we collect from you might include your:
- Email address;
- Postal address, including postcode;
- Telephone number;
- Date of birth;
- Payment information;
- Demographic information;
- Order history;
- IP address;
- Other information you choose to provide to us.
In some cases, you may provide information to us about another person, such as when you purchase a gift voucher for someone and request that we deliver it to that person or when you share content on our website through the website or otherwise, or when you decide to ship products you purchase to someone else. In such cases, you represent that you have the authorization of such person to provide us with such information.
How will we collect this personal data?
We collect information from you when you:
- purchase products from us, whether on the website, by phone, or in one of our stores;
- create an account with us, or otherwise sign up for a service or feature;
- complete a survey;
- participate in a contest or other promotion;
- communicate with us via third-party social media sites; or
- contact us, or otherwise communicate with us or provide information to us.
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub- contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information (including demographics data, such as information pertaining to age, gender, income, ethnicity and presence of children) about you from them in order to better tailor our products and communications to you. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publically available content on social media.
How and why we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. In the case of loyalty scheme members, we’ll also offer you relevant rewards.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To fulfil your requests for products and services and to keep you informed about your orders.
- To contact you when necessary or appropriate.
- To set up and manage your online customer account (for example, to password reminders or notifications of changes to your customer account details). Failure to provide this personal data could result in Lands’ End being unable to set up your online customer account.
- To process product returns, replacements, repairs, alterations, to resolve product issues (e.g., sending replacement products), and to keep you informed about your orders. Failure to provide this personal data could result in Lands’ End being unable to deal with any issues you may experience with our products.
- To identify whether you are eligible for a product discount. Failure to provide this personal data could result in Land’s End being unable to process any discount applicable to your order.
- To ensure that we do not contact you if you have asked us not to. We understand that you may prefer for us not to contact you with details of our products, services or promotions. We keep records of your preferences in order to do this.
- To keep your payments safe and secure and protect against fraudulent transactions.
- To protect the security and integrity of the website and our business against illegal or fraudulent activity or misuse (including cyber attacks).
- To assess the activities of our users, to measure the interest in and use of the website and communications, and to customize the website and our communications with you. We do this on both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
- To send you promotional materials about us, our products, our services and our events, as well as about select partners, or to offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys.
- To send you details of Lands’ End’s content, competitions and surveys that may be of interest to you.
If you provide us with information about another person (as described in the "What type of personal data is collected from you" section), where permitted by applicable law, we will use that information to fulfil your requests and treat such information in accordance with this Privacy & Security Policy. Please do not provide us with information about other persons if you do not have the consent of such persons for use of their data in this manner.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal information is stored by us and/or our service providers and suppliers, strictly to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations and strictly for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information is collected, in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
Where do we protect and store your personal data?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") (for example, in the USA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Security Policy and applicable data protection laws, including, where relevant, entering into EU standard contractual clauses in accordance with Article 46.2 GDPR (or equivalent measures) with the party outside the EEA receiving the personal information.
Security of Transactions
At Lands’ End we take your security very seriously indeed and encrypt consumer data, such as credit card numbers, when you order directly through the website. We transfer the encrypted data over the Internet using secure socket layer (SSL) technology so that your online shopping experience is safe and secure.
In the case of fraud, we’ll assume all liability for what you owe. This means that we’ll pick up the first £50, and the credit card company takes responsibility for the rest. If you prefer to order products from our website by telephone, please call our order line on 0800 376 7974 (UK only) or (+44) 1572 758070 (outside UK).
Security of email correspondence
The website also invites you to contact Lands’ End via email, through the ’Contact Us’ page at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs.
Email correspondence is free format text and cannot be encrypted; therefore it is not a secure means of communication. Please do not send sensitive information, such as credit card information, through email. Internet Security.
Although we use advanced security measures to protect your information against loss, misuse and alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your information provided over the Internet and cannot be responsible for this.
Who do we share your information with?
Lands’ End may disclose information we collect in the following ways, to the extent permitted by applicable law:
- to our service providers and suppliers, who process such information for us or on our behalf (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfilment companies, and other similar entities that help us to operate the website and/or provide functionality, content and services). Specifically, as an example, if during checkout you have provided your mobile phone number to receive notifications (via phone or text/SMS) about the delivery of your package(s), we will share your contact information with the applicable courier(s) who will use your information for that limited purpose and only on our behalf. If you would like to know more information about the third-party companies currently charged with such data processing, please contact us with your request at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs
- as required by law, or to provide information as required by local law enforcement agencies, other local government authorities, or otherwise as required by law;
- on a case by case basis, in the event that Lands’ End or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or other similar corporate reorganization, where your information may be one of the transferred assets;
- To third-party marketers and data pool agencies, as permitted by law, unless you direct us not to (please see the "Your choices and privacy rights" section below). Data pools are groups of retailers who share information on what their customers buy. This pooled information is analysed to understand consumer's wider buying patterns. From this information, customers are sent tailored communications containing suitable offers that should be of interest to them based on what they like to buy. We do not share email addresses for the purposes of data pooling. This pool includes retailers active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. Our current data pool agencies are: Experian and Abacus Epsilon.
- when you contribute to a social, community or other publicly available area or feature of the website, the information and content that you post may be made available to the general public, depending on your settings (which is why we recommend that you do not submit or post any sensitive personal data, such as your full name, home address, phone number or other information that would enable others to contact or locate you); and otherwise, with your permission or as permitted by law.
We also provide some personal data (such as your email address) to third parties, such as Facebook and Google, for the purposes of displaying advertisements regarding our products which may be of interest to you when you visit and/or log in to the third party’s website.
Content and information that you submit on or through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and other third-party platforms may appear on the websites through feeds or interfaces with those platforms. We are not responsible for the information, content and/or privacy practices of any such third-party platforms.
Automated decision-making, including profiling
We do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling in relation to your personal data that would cause a legal or similar effect to you.
You must have reached the minimum age as set out under the Data Protection Law to share your personal information with Lands’ End, or you must have received permission from your parent or guardian to do so.
Your choices and privacy rights
You have the following rights in connection with our processing of your personal data. If you wish to exercise one or more of these rights, please contact us with your request at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs.
Your right to access the information we hold about you
You may request access to the personal data we hold about you. Our file of your information will usually be made available to you within 30 days, although occasionally we may not be able to give you access to the personal data we hold about you (for example, we may not be able to give you access if it would unreasonably affect someone else's privacy or if giving you access poses a serious threat to someone's health or safety).
Please note the following:
- That we may apply a reasonable administrative charge for providing access to your information in certain circumstances. We will advise you of the charge and obtain your approval before providing you with access to your personal data.
- That if you request a copy of your data using electronic means (such as email), then we will provide a copy of your information in electronic form unless you ask us to do otherwise. You can make access or certain adjustments to your account directly through your online account, or you can contact us with your request.
Your right to have your information corrected or deleted
We do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as accurate and as up to date as possible.
If you have an account with us, you can sign into that account to update your personal data. Alternatively, please write to us at Customer Services, Lands’ End Europe Limited, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6US, or email us at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs.
You may also ask us to have your information deleted. Lands’ End will delete all of your information with the exception of information it is required by law to maintain or for another legitimate business purpose, such as fulfilment of an order you have placed.
Your right to object to us processing your personal data
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data, even where that processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, where the processing is necessary for the commercial objectives we pursue in the course of our business), including the profiling we undertake to send you personalised offers, product recommendations and similar content.
Your right to withdraw consent to processing
If you have consented to us processing your personal data for a particular purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge, by contacting us at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs. If you withdraw your consent to processing, we may still contact you in connection with your account, relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
Your right to withdraw consent to direct marketing
Please contact us at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs if you have consented to receiving direct mail from us and would like to opt out. If you have consented to receiving promotional emails from us and would like to opt out, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in each email. If you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your account, relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you have consented, but later prefer that we not share your personal data with third-party marketers, please contact us. This includes if you would like to opt out of receiving advertisements from us when you visit and/or log in to third-party websites. (Note that we never share your payment information with other marketers.) If you do request that we stop sharing your personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, it is also prudent to contact that third party directly.
Your right to have an electronic copy of your personal data transmitted
Where we hold personal data about you with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, you also have the right to ask us to provide you with the personal data we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where technically feasible, to transmit that personal data to another organisation.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
If you are based in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office can be contacted as follows:
If you are based elsewhere in the European Economic Area (EEA), please use this link for a list of local data protection authorities in the EEA countries in which we operate:
If you have any questions or concerns about the identity of the data controller(s) of your information and/or any questions about this Privacy & Security Policy and/or about the privacy policies and practices of our service providers, please email us from our Contact Us page at www.landsend.co.uk/ContactUs or at email@example.com, or write to us at Customer Services, Lands’ End Europe Limited, Lands’ End Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6US, Attn: Privacy Officer.
Telephone calls with us
Calls may be recorded for monitoring our customer service standards and for security. By using the call system you are providing affirmative consent to recording by Lands’ End.
The Lands’ End website is controlled and operated in the UK. These Terms and Conditions, and all matters connected with any order you place on our website, are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to all matters connected with, or arising out of, the website or any order you place on the website.
Liability and Indemnity
We do not exclude or limit our liability or the liability of any other person for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or from their negligence. Except as set out above and in relation to our contractual obligations to supply goods and/or services following acceptance of orders placed on our website, neither we nor any of our agents, affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use of the website. We shall not be liable for any indirect, or consequential loss of whatever nature, including damage to software or hardware, loss of data, damage or loss of business, loss of profits, or any other indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with your use of the website (including without limitation, any such loss arising out of or in connection with any order placed on the website, whether or not accepted by us). You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you. We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
We may change our Terms and Conditions (including our policies) at any time. In the event of any of these Terms and Conditions proving to be invalid or un-enforceable the remainder of these terms and conditions will still continue to have full force and effect.
The intellectual property rights in this website are owned and controlled by Lands’ End Europe Limited. All material featured and information provided on the website, whether text or images, are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights and are owned by or licensed to Lands’ End Europe Limited. You may download, electronically copy or print any of the contents on condition that you are using them for personal and not for commercial purposes. Use for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Lands’ End Europe Limited. No right, title or interest in any of the contents of the website will be transferred to you as a result of downloading, electronically copying or printing or attaching to email such material.