The essential guide to
Looking great in jeans
Wearing jeans is the easiest way to makeover your look and be on trend. A good pair of jeans always look fashionable, relaxed and ready for anything. Pick a pair of flattering jeans in quality denim fabric or coloured jeans to update your wardrobe this season.
Can I wear my jeans to work?
Yes. Dark jeans are an essential item of clothing if your office dress code is smart/casual. When shopping for your new work jeans pick straight or slim legged jeans, rather than boyfriend jeans, girlfriend jeans or coloured jeans which can look too casual.
- Deep indigo or deep black denim jeans will look professional enough for the office
- Wear jeans with a tailored shirt
- Team an office jacket with smart jeans
What about a night out?
Dressing up jeans is a confident and modern look that’s quick and easy to achieve.
- Add a pair of high heel shoes
- Carry a statement handbag
- Accessorize jeans with bold jewellery
- Wear a lacey black top or satin blouse with jeans
Can I wear coloured jeans every day?
Of course. Coloured jeans can help you to make a bold or feminine fashion statement.
- Coloured jeans let you express your individual sense of style
- There are dozens of colours available from pastel jeans to pure white jeans and berry jeans
- Olive green jeans worn with ankle boots are a modern, urban style
- Dress up coloured jeans with a light neutral top worn under a structured jacket
- Or choose grey knits and Breton stripes
What shoes to wear with jeans?
Straight leg jeans work well with loafers or ballet pumps for a relaxed and practical daytime look. Other options include:
- Delicate strappy flat sandals or heeled sandals with slim jeans are a stylish weekend look
- Jeans look athletic with trainers or high tops
- Pointed heeled pumps create a signature businesslike look
- Black or tan ankle boots with jeans is a classic choice
- Oxfords and brogues with jeans look boyish, playful and practical
How to wear ankle boots with jeans?
- To show off your favourite ankle boots wear cropped jeans with boots or cuffing jeans with a single turn up.
Which shoes to wear with skinny jeans?
- Pointed toe flat shoes and pointed toe pumps look smart worn with skinny jeans
- Wear strappy sandals for evenings out
- Ballet flats look sweet with skinny jeans
- Try classic white basketball sneakers
What to wear with white jeans?
Create a luxurious layered look by combining white jeans with a high-quality ivory tee, or an untucked cream shirt, under a taupe formal blazer. Ballet flats in neutral shades of camel or caramel add elegance to white jeans if you are tall. To lengthen your legs in white jeans why not add eye-catching metallic ankle boots?
Jeans are an essential item in a women’s wardrobe, and they can be as feminine or professional as needed. Trainers with jeans creates a classic sporty look while wearing ballet pumps with a floaty blouse and jeans makes a feminine weekend outfit.
By following some simple rules you can achieve dozens of different looks in your new jeans.
What to wear with black jeans?
A crisp white shirt worn with black jeans makes a fashionable monochrome statement, while for elegance wear a cream, grey or stone coloured top with heeled black boots. For a stylish evening look combine your smartest black jeans with a dressy embellished top. Nude, grey and animal print shoes contrast beautifully with black jeans, while pumps, heeled sandals and white trainers look chic.
Men, what to wear with black jeans?
Wear black jeans with a white tee or white men’s shirt for a timeless monochrome combination. A cable sweater in a neutral colour worn with black leather Chelsea boots is both cosy and classic. Wear a grey overcoat over black jeans and charcoal crew neck top for a modern urban look.
What to wear with grey jeans?
Grey jeans look stylish in the daytime when worn with softly draped pastel tops and knitwear. For the evening, signature black tops will add edge to soft, muted grey jeans. A bolder look can be achieved by combining a top in bright canary yellow or soft lemon with your grey jeans. What shoes to wear with grey jeans? Grey or black flats and boots are ideal, or wear shoes in the same shade as your top.
How to wear mom jeans?
Wear your mom jeans with a quality sweater, t-shirt or shirt tucked in, for a look that’s modern and highly wearable. A feminine blouse will balance out these straight legged jeans, and a leather jacket guarantees you never look mumsy. Turn up the cuffs and wear a heeled shoe in a bold colour for impact.
What to wear with blue jeans?
Classic blue jeans look feminine worn with a pretty, tucked in blouse and ballet flats. A Breton strip top, and classic white basics such as t-shirts, tunic tops and sweaters create a look that’s consistently on point. An olive coat over blue jeans and a cream top with neutral heels is a stylish combination. Team your smart black tops with black high heel shoes and leather handbags for a polished look.
How to wear straight leg jeans?
The versatile straight leg jean can be dressed up with a black top and heeled sandals, or they can epitomize a relaxed weekend look worn with a sweater and flats. Tuck in a smart v neck jumper into dark straight leg jeans and throw on a formal blazer for a professional office look. Transition to a trench coat on cooler days and lace up a smart pair of brogues.
How to wear boyfriend jeans?
To elevate the relaxed boyfriend jean tuck in a quality t-shirt in a classic shade of white or olive green, and then add a skinny leather belt. Boyfriend jeans worn with white slip on shoes, a pastel pink button-down shirt or a feminine gingham print are the definition of comfort. In colder weather, layer on a snug but stylish oversized coat, cuff your jeans and add ankle boots.
How to wear skinny jeans?
Skinny jeans paired with a shirt, or a silk blouse, and high heel pumps is a confident, smart/casual fashion pairing that’s suitable for the office and socialising. A long black robe coat over a crisp white t-shirt and blue skinny jeans, with white shoes and black handbag, looks chic. Popping on an oversized blazer and a statement belt is another winning look. Sleek skinny jeans tucked into boots will balance out chunky sweater and knits in winter.